Diet & Nutrition is a holistic and comprehensive overview of the Eastern and Western perspectives of nutrition. Years ahead of its time upon publication, this modern classic continues to be the go-to wellness resource for teachers, physicians, and scholars of nutrition and holistic health.This eye-opening text on healthy living brings the ageless insights of the East together with the modern scientific discoveries of the West. The facts are presented clearly and precisely, providing the reader with an in-depth understanding and practical approach to what is otherwise a complex and confusing subject.All students of health and nutrition will find their particular interests addressed in this comprehensive volume. This ideal reference guide will help you explore:The history of dietary patterns in AmericaAdvice on how to plan a balanced dietInsight on the effects of food and eating habits on the mind and emotionsThe ayurvedic approach to diet
Table of Contents
- CHAPTER 1 - The Ecology of Nutrition:
- Society, The Soil, The Cell
- CHAPTER 2 - The Biochemistry of Nutrition:
- Carbohydrate, Fats and Oils, Protein, Vitamins, Minerals, A Balanced Diet
- CHAPTER 3 - The Physiology of Nutrition:
- Digestion, Elimination, Fasting
- CHAPTER 4 - The Pharmacology of Nutrition:
- Beyond Nutrients, Cooked versus Raw, Ayurvedic Nutrition, Cooking
- CHAPTER 5 - Food and Consciousness:
- Diet / Mind, Megavitamins and Food Allergies, Food Sadhana, The Philosophy of Nutrition, References
What People are Saying About This
A brilliant book...a clear, concise, complete statement about the many facets of nutrition and the relationship between diet and well-being. This book is an absolute must.
From C. Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D. Founder and Past President, American Holistic Medical Association
A superb book...should be read by all physicians.