Discovering AutoCAD 2017 / Edition 1 available in Paperback
This book presents a hands-on, activity-based approach to the use of AutoCAD as a drafting tool—complete with techniques, tips, shortcuts, and insights that improve efficiency. Topics and tasks are carefully grouped to lead students logically through the AutoCAD command set, with the level of difficulty increasing steadily as skills are acquired through experience and practice. Straightforward explanations focus on what is relevant to actual drawing procedures, and illustrations show exactly what to expect on the computer screen. This edition features updates for the latest release of AutoCAD, projects, and test questions for each chapter.
- Lessons are broken down into tasks listed at the beginning of each section, introducing students to the AutoCAD commands using a structured, intuitive approach and helping students anticipate what information will be needed at each new phase of the learning process.
- General Procedure boxes appear as new commands are introduced, providing a simple overview of basic command procedures in a step-by-step format.
- Detailed graphics appear throughout the text, demonstrating what students should expect to see on their screens and encouraging self-paced study.
- Drawing problems appear at the end of the chapter, helping students apply newly learned techniques immediately to realistic drawing situations. This includes drawing suggestions, timesaving tips, and explanations of how to use techniques in actual situations.
- High-quality working drawings accompany end-of-chapter drawing problems, appearing in a large, clearly dimensioned format on each right-hand page. This includes mechanical, architectural, civil, and electrical drawings.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
TOC from previous edition
Part One Basic Two-Dimensional Entities
Chapter 1 Lines and Essential Tools
Chapter 2 Circles and Drawing Aids
Chapter 3 Layers, Colors, and Linetypes
Chapter 4 Templates, Copies, and Arrays
Chapter 5 Arcs and Polar Arrays
Chapter 6 Object Snap
Part Two Text, Dimensions, and Other Complex Entities
Chapter 7 Text
Chapter 8 Dimensions
Chapter 9 Polylines
Chapter 10 Blocks, Attributes, and External References
Part Three Isometric Drawing and Three-Dimensional Modeling
Chapter 11 Isometric Drawing
Chapter 12 3D Modeling
Chapter 13 More Modeling Techniques and Commands
Appendix A Drawing Projects
Appendix B Creating Customized Panels
Appendix C Menus, Macros, and the CUI Dialog Box
Appendix D Additional Tools for Collaboration (ONLINE)