EATING THE BIG FISH : How Challenger Brands Can Compete Against Brand Leaders, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
The second edition of the international bestseller, now revised and updated for 2009, just in time for the business challenges ahead.
It contains over 25 new interviews and case histories, two completely new chapters, introduces a new typology of 12 different kinds of Challengers, has extensive updates of the main chapters, a range of new exercises, supplies weblinks to view interviews online and offers supplementary downloadable information.
|Edition description:||Revised and Expanded|
|Product dimensions:||6.40(w) x 9.30(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
Foreword by Antonio Lucio.
Part 1: The Size and Nature of the Big Fish.
1. The Law of Increasing Returns.
2. The Consumer Isn't.
3. What Is a Challenger Brand?
Part 2: The Eight Credos of Successful Challenger Brands.
4. The First Credo: Intelligent Naivety.
5. Monsters and Other Challenges: Gaining Clarity on the Center.
6. The Second Credo: Build a Lighthouse Identity.
7. The Third Credo: Take Thought Leadership of the Category.
8. The Fourth Credo: Create Symbols of Re-Evaluation.
9. The Fifth Credo: Sacrifice.
10. The Sixth Credo: Overcommit.
11. The Seventh Credo: Using Communications and Publicity to Enter Social Culture.
12. The Eight Credo: Become Idea-Centered, Not Consumer-Centered.
Part 3: Applying the Challenger Program.
13. Writing the Challenger Program: The Two-Day Off-Site.
14. The Scope of the Lighthouse Keeper.
Part 4: Mind-Set, Culture, and Risk.
15. Challenger as a State of Mind: Staying Number One Means Thinking Like a Number Two.
16. Risk, Will, and the Circle of Rope.
References and Sources.
Acknowledgments for the Second Edition.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This is not a review of the book. I downloaded this book to read on a Sony E reader. After downloading BN told me that Sony is not supported. Nowhere in the purchasing process does BN tell you to make sure your device is supported, nor that you must use their proprietary app to read it. Sure you can click through and find this information if you REALLY REALLY look. But what a crap system. DO NOT BUY BN EBOOKS unless you want to buy into a locked, proprietary crap system!
Very practical tool for every man who's every day challenge is to find creative and strategic way to boost his brand potential...