The topic of IT governance has never been more popular than it is today. Almost every organization recognizes the need to establish sound IT governance, and almost every enterprise is still very immature when it comes to the discipline. This book challenges and calls into question the traditional approaches and strategies for running IT organizations. The conceptspresentedin the book are timeless, but reflect the recent changes in the organization's view of the role of the IT department. IT can become a major asset to an organization, often even becoming "the product" in today's Internet-based sales environment. Eliminating "Us and Them" discusses these changes and presents three areas that contribute most to the change from an alienated and oft-despised department to a key tool for organizational success:
- An in-depth understanding of IT governance, which has never been more popular than it is today.
- An in-depth understanding of process and process management, a discipline that more and more enterprises are investing in and establishing formal organizational constructs to enable and support.
- A case-study view of how an enterprise can establish, promote and instill the values that foster positive behaviorsin every person in the organization, with the intent of influencing their ability to realize enterprise goals.
Romero's insights arebased on more than 30 years working in IT and overfour years as anITgovernance evangelist,traveling around the world, speaking athundredsof events, and visiting more than 100 companies espousing the approach in this book.
|Edition description:||1st ed.|
|Product dimensions:||5.98(w) x 9.02(h) x (d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
- Us and Them
- When IT is "Us" and "Them"
- Falling in Love with IT Governance
- The State of IT Goverance
- IT Governance Decisions
- IT Governance Mechanisms
- IT Governance Processes
- Beginningthe IT Governance Journey
- Process (And Why Everybody Hates It)
- How I Fell in Love with Process
- Barriers to Process
- Understanding Process
- Process Design
- Process Implementation
- Process Management
- Process Roles
- Process Governance
- Employee Empowerment
- The Links Between Behavioral Management, IT Governance and Process
- The Critical Nature of Enterprise Values
- Process-centric Values and Behaviors
- The Challenges of Behavioral Management
- Walking the Talk
- Why Hasn'tITFixed It?
- Governance, Process and Organizational Behavior