Discover how to motivate students in the classroom, using the elements of EMPOWER—exploration, motivation, participation, openness, willingness, empathy, and resilience. Make school a positive, meaningful experience in your students’ lives and cultivate intrinsic motivation. This highly practical resource offers enjoyable, engaging classroom activities, as well as strategies for refining teaching practices, incorporating student values into course content, fostering the development of soft skills, and deeply connecting with learners. How this book will EMPOWER you:
- Understand what values are and how they are different from preferences and goals.
- Discover how to help students determine which values they want to enact at school and in life.
- Examine how to incorporate values work into the classroom curriculum in all disciplines.
- Explore examples of classroom experiences that highlight the importance of student empowerment.
- Learn how to bring your own values to the classroom to become a better teacher and colleague.