Congratulations! You’re pregnant! Now, where do you turn to for the best advice? What if you could bottle the wisdom of all those women who came before you—and combine it with the solid medical advice from a renowned Beverly Hills’ OB/GYN and nationally known pediatrician? Expecting 411 is the answer: smart, up-to-date and refreshingly free of paranoia, this is the book you’ll turn to for quick answers to your most pressing questions. Inside, you'll find:
- Is this normal? From morning sickness to stretch marks, you’ll learn what’s expected—and what’s not.
- Is it safe? Sushi? Hair dye? Coffee? Get detailed do’s and don’ts.
- How much weight should I gain? Find the latest guidelines.
- Breastfeeding 101. Learn the secrets of nursing from an expert.
- Detailed advice on prepping for parenthood, including all the decisions you need to make. What tests are required? Are optional?
- Easy-to-find answers on natural childbirth, nutrition, epidurals, when to call the doc and more!
- New guidelines for child birth— why there are no more elective C-sections before 39 weeks.
- Caffeine and alcohol: the FACTS on how these affect your baby and pregnancy.
- The latest research on autism risk factors during pregnancy: What you need to know and what to do to lower the risks.
- Home births: expanded info you need to make an informed decision on where to deliver.
|Publisher:||Windsor Peak Press|
|Edition description:||4th ed.|
|Product dimensions:||5.00(w) x 10.00(h) x 1.30(d)|
About the Author
Dr. Michele Hakakha is a renowned Beverly Hills OB/GYN. She was honored with the prestigious John M. Ohtani award for outstanding achievement in Obstetrics and Gynecology. The author of numerous articles on pregnancy, Dr. Hakakha received her training as an OB/GYN at Cedars Sinai Medical Center and has been in private practice for eight years. As a mom of two young children, Hakakha brings a down-to-earth, real-life take on being pregnant.
Dr. Ari Brown is a pediatrician, mom and best-selling author of Baby 411 and Toddler 411. In addition to being an official spokesperson for the American Academy of Pediatrics, Brown is a well-known media expert on babies and has been featured as a regular guest on Rachael Ray and NBC’s Today Show. She is also WebMD’s pediatric health expert and a medical advisor to Parents Magazine.