How to draw like the masters!
With Figure Drawing Master Class , you will discover the secrets to creating masterful figure drawings through examples of Old Master drawings, as well as Dan Gheno's own beautiful drawings, demonstrations and diagrams.
This take-home course covers everything you need to put yourself on the fast-track to successful figure drawing.
Inside you'll find:
- The basics of training your hand to draw
- Gesture drawing lessons
- How to draw heads and hands
- How to accurately compose your figures
- Keys to replicating the subtle details in the posture of the head to suggest emotion
- The basics of human proportions
- Learn to draw all aspects of the human figure with diagrams, demonstrations and Old Master drawings
- More than 120 drawings by Old Master artists including Michelangelo, Leonardo, Raphael and Rembrandt
- Includes 5 step-by-step demonstrations to reinforce the key concepts of figure drawing
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.60(d)|
About the Author
Dan Gheno is a New York artist whose work can be found in many private and public collections including the Museum of the City of New York, The New Britain Museum of American Art and the Butler Institute of American Art. He teaches figure drawing and painting at the Art Students League and the National Academy School of Fine Arts, both in New York City and is a professor emeritus at the Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts in Connecticut. His artwork and writings have appeared in various magazines and books, including American Artist , Drawing Magazine and The Artist's Magazine. He was the art critic for the Santa Barbara News and Review in the 1970s. To learn more, please visit dangheno.net.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
An outstanding book on figure drawing. Gheno teaches at the Art Students League in NYC. He's a master draftsman and a clear teacher. This book is not an anatomy book as such, but more in keeping with Hale's Drawing Lesson's from the Masters. Excellent examples from Gheno's work and others. Lots of good advice about drawing in general. Absolutely worth the money and the time.