How do you change your life? Many books tell you how, but they fail to show you how. FocusPocus will show you how. Written in a conversational tone, FocusPocus is full of inspirational activities, questions, and insights to help you create the life you truly deserve. You can tell what you are creating in your life by what is showing up. Is it what you want? This Spirit-inspired book contains fun ways to easily help you change your thoughts, feelings, words, and actions by inviting you into direct practice. You will discover how your thoughts create, how to recognize when you are creating the things you don't want, and how to consciously create what you do want.
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.36(d)|
Read an Excerpt
FocusPocusThe Magic of Changing Your Mind
By Lisa Martin Bradley
Balboa PressCopyright © 2012 Lisa Martin Bradley
All right reserved.
Chapter OneKNOWLEDGE AND TRUTH
In the beginning there was only God. God was all that existed. God made everything. What did God make everything out of? If God is all there is, then God had to have formed everything we see from God. So essentially, God is still all there is since everything was formed from God.
Universal or Spiritual Truth applies to everyone on the planet. It may not be what you have been taught. It may not be what you want to hear. Initially, you may choose not to believe it at all. And yet, at some point during your awakening, you will know that it is the truth and you will thank God for opening your eyes, for lifting the veil, and taking the blinders off. You may think it's bogus for now. Then someday you may "get it", think back to this book, and think, "Hey, she was right. And I thought she was just making it up."
We are all one with the Universe/God. Everything comes from God and will return to God. Just because we feel separated does not make it so. You can begin to feel connected. Once you do, you will wonder why you ever chose to feel disconnected. Wake up and remember who you are. You are One, with God, with the Universe, with each other. You come from energy and will return to energy. You are energy. Separation, the physical, is only an illusion. We are taught by our parents and by our society to see the illusion as "reality", when in reality, the only thing real is Spirit/Energy. There really is no separation. When we begin to remember that, we begin creating what we really want in our lives. Everyone just wants to be happy; that's really the goal, isn't it? When we begin feeling those feelings of happiness, thinking the thoughts that make us feel happy, we create more people and circumstances to be happy about.
You Are Part of God, Therefore, You Create
1 Corinthians 12:12—"for as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many are one body; so also is Christ." 13—"for by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit."
You are energy. All energy vibrates. All vibration attracts like vibration. What are you vibrating? Look around you, what do you see? You can tell at what level you are vibrating by the results you are getting in your life. Look at your home, your car, your body, your relationships. At what level have you been vibrating? If you don't like what you see, change the vibration. It's all about vibrating on the same level as that which you are creating. You can change your vibration any time you want. Start practicing, start playing with it, start having fun with what you are creating. When you begin creating a higher vibration within yourself, you begin creating a higher vibration without, in your physical world. As above, so below. As within, so without. This book contains activities and questions to help you change your vibration and therefore, your life. Additionally, there are exercises in the FocusPocus Playbook to help you on your journey.
Question: Why is it blasphemy to say "I am God" when Jesus said that we are, and the Bible tells us we are? Being children of God, we create with thought and feeling. All Bible references in this book are from the King James Version.
30 I and my Father are one.
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
The only "sin" is being asleep, or wrong thinking. Not waking up to the truth causes unfortunate things to happen in your life.
1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.
2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.
3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.
4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.
5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
When we choose to walk in darkness, asleep to the truth, we suffer like men. Humans are animals, experiencing the five senses like animals. The thing that sets us apart is that we have the power of angels. Once we awaken to the spiritual part of us, we can tap into that power and create a world filled with peace, love, joy, and abundance for all humanity. Awakening brings Truth and the power to create anything you want.
12 I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
We are all God's children. God wants us to be whole, healthy, prosperous and abundant in all areas. Most of us are taught that the reason for illness or misfortune is that we've done something wrong and that is God's way of punishing us or that it is God's will. But it's not. God's will is for us to be what we are, God's children, whole, perfect, abundant and happy. If we can learn to get out of our own way, get out of God's way, we can heal, instantly! We need to remove all doubt, all feelings of unworthiness so that God, and we, can create the miracles we would like to see in our lives. When we let feelings of unworthiness and doubt get in the way, God can't create miracles because God will never get in the way of the free will God gave us!
I had a dream
I went back to high school. Someone was put into the lockers, or at least I thought they were lockers. They were in a row like lockers but they were all open inside, so when you open the door to one, you see inside all of them. As I was writing this in my journal, it came to me that it's a metaphor for our souls. When you look inside one, you look inside all because we are connected. There is no separation.
One of the oldest known sacred texts is The Gospel of Thomas. Thomas is reported to be the brother of Jesus and it is said that his writings were closer to what Jesus actually said than any other. At one time I wanted to know why it, and other texts like it, were excluded from the books of the Bible. I asked God for truth and was given the following:
The Gospel of Thomas
Below are some excerpts from The Gospel of Thomas as written in The Other Bible, with introduction by Willis Barnstone. In brackets and bold are the interpretations, understanding, and knowledge that I received from Spirit while reading these passages.
(1) And he said, "Whoever finds the interpretations of these sayings will not experience death." [not that the physical body will not die, but that they will transition to spirit easily rather than experiencing the anxiety and fear usually associated with death.]
(2) Jesus said, "Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the All." [Becoming troubled because the Truth is not what we've been taught that it is. Becoming astonished because the Truth is more beautiful and sacred and abundant than anything we've ever imagined. We must have the crisis before we reap the rewards. Ruling over the All is having the dominion (power) over all material things as God intended. See the book of Genesis.]
(3) Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky', then the birds will precede you. If they say, 'It is in the sea', then the fish will precede you. Rather, the Kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living Father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty." [The Kingdom of Heaven is inside of us and all around us. When we awaken to who we truly are, we will, in that moment, know that we are truly God's children and we will live in abundance and be fully conscious. But if we choose to be asleep to who we really are, we choose to live in lack and limitation.]
(39) Jesus said, "The Pharisees and the scribes have taken the keys of knowledge and hidden them. They themselves have not entered, nor have they allowed to enter those who wish to. You, however, be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves." [The Pharisees and scribes hid the keys of knowledge (the truth) and they didn't know what it was or how important it was. They didn't seek the truth about it and did not allow anyone else to do so either.]
(40) A grapevine has been planted outside the Father, but being unsound, it will be pulled up by its roots and destroyed." [A lie has been spread, but it will be revealed and the Truth will be known.]
(48) His disciples said to him, "When will the repose of the dead come about, and when will the new world come?" He said to them, "What you look forward to has already come, but you do not recognize it." [The Kingdom, peace on earth, heaven on earth, is already here. When we awaken to who we really are, God's children, we will recognize it.]
(77) Jesus said, "It is I who am the light which is above them all. I who am the All. From me did the All come forth, and unto me did the All extend. Split a piece of wood, and I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find me there." [God's energy is what everything comes from. Everything from your soul to your house came from God. God is, All there is. Split a piece of wood and you find God, lift a stone and you find God. It's all the same energy, God.]
(93) Jesus said, "Do not give what is holy to dogs, lest they throw them on the dung-heap. Do not throw the pearls to swine, lest they grind it to bits." [The knowledge of the Truth is for those hungry and thirsty for it. They will keep it and use it. They will pass it on, and be blessed and abundant. If the knowledge is given to those not seeking, they will trample it, change it, hide it, and destroy it.]
(94) Jesus said, "He who seeks will find and he who knocks will be let in." [Those who seek will be given the answers, all things will be made known to them.]
(101) Jesus said, "Whoever does not hate his father and mother as I do cannot become a disciple to me. And whoever does not love his father and his mother as I do cannot become a disciple to me. For my mother gave me falsehood, but my true mother gave me life." [Physical parents teach us a world of falsehood (illusion), while Mother/ Father God, gives us truth, light, and life.]
(106) Jesus said, "When you make the two one, you will become the sons of man, and when you say, 'Mountain, move away', it will move away." [When the inside (Spirit) becomes like the outside (physical) and the outside becomes like the inside (one vibration). When they become one, you will create miracles and have true dominion over the physical world.]
(108) Jesus said, "He who will drink from my mouth will become like me. I myself shall become he, and the things that are hidden will be revealed to him." [Those who believe in what Jesus told us and practice those things, will become one with Christ and the truth will be revealed to them.]
(109) Jesus said, "The Kingdom is like a man who had a hidden treasure in his field without knowing it. And after he died, he left it to his son. The son did not know about the treasure. He inherited the field and sold it. And the one who bought it went plowing and found the treasure. He began to lend money at interest to whomever he wished." [We inherit our beliefs from those who have come before us. If they were asleep, we will be asleep. When we ask for the truth and the knowledge and do the work required to gain it, it will be given.]
(113) His disciples said to him, "When will the Kingdom come?" Jesus said, "It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be a matter of saying 'Here it is' or 'There it is'. Rather, the Kingdom of the Father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it." [Everything is One. The seen and the unseen are all here right now! When we tune into God, to the knowledge or the energy or the frequency, we will see it, all of it, our physical world (seen) and the world of Spirit (unseen)! We will see that Heaven is already on Earth.]
Everything is Illusion, We Live in a Dream
Time is an illusion. When I am getting ready for work and I'm running late, I stop and take a few minutes to set my intention. I state that I have plenty of time and am always on time. There are times when I have been running so late that I have had fifteen minutes to get thirty or forty five minutes worth of stuff done. If I feel like I need a little extra boost I will ask God or the Angels to stop time long enough for me to complete what needs to be done and leave the house on time. It always works.
In Speaking the Lost Language of God, Gregg Braden tells a story in which he and several others were traveling to see the pyramids of Egypt. From the city which they left to the pyramids was an eight hour trip. While they were traveling, they were all discussing what it would be like to be inside the pyramids. They were excited and, no doubt, had pictures in their minds of what it would look like and feel like. When they arrived, Gregg's guide said to him, "We can't be here yet." Gregg said, "But we're here." The guide told Gregg that it was an eight hour trip on a normal day. The day they went they had to stop at check points every 20 minutes, so it was not possible that they made it to the pyramids in four hours.
Because the group could "see" the pyramids and "feel" what it was like to be inside, and were so excited about getting there, the illusion of time changed to fit their excitement. They got there in half the time it would have normally taken.
An example of this is told by my friend, Reverend Patricia Roller; here is an excerpt from her book The Earth School Manual.
A few years ago a friend and I were at a weekend seminar on the coast. We had a dinner break and were told to be back in one hour. The instructor was very particular about starting on time, honoring those who were present. We decided to go for dinner at a little restaurant about twenty minutes away. While we were waiting for our dinner a coastal storm blew in. Our service was slow.
Excerpted from FocusPocus by Lisa Martin Bradley Copyright © 2012 by Lisa Martin Bradley. Excerpted by permission of Balboa Press. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Knowledge And Truth....................1
Chapter 2 Meditation....................15
Chapter 3 Visualization....................21
Chapter 4 Faith....................29
Chapter 5 Fear And Doubt....................43
Chapter 6 Focus....................57
Chapter 7 Your Path....................67
Chapter 8 Changing The Way We Think....................77
Chapter 9 Clearly Defining Your Vision....................115
Chapter 10 Gratitude And Appreciation....................119
Chapter 11 Taking Action....................125
Chapter 12 Possibility Lines And Choice Points....................139
About The Author....................147