Walking in the footsteps of Jesus is a nice image, one which we aspire to as Christians. We go to mass, we pray, but we feel like there is more we could be doing and aren't sure what next steps to take.
In Following Christ: Developing the Practices of an Intentional Disciple, authors Dave Nodar, Fr. Erik Arnold, and Ally Ascosi lead us through the important, basic disciplines that characterize intentional disciples:
- Daily, deliberate personal prayer time
- Taking the Bible down from the shelf and really using it in your life
- The gift of the sacraments Christ gave us to give us the strength to follow him
- Forgiveness as a key element of discipleship
- What it means to live a life empowered by the Holy Spirit
Finally, you'll learn to recognize and defend against the struggles that often accompany a new or renewed relationship with Christ.
Pope Francis said, “Let us ask ourselves: How do I follow Jesus?” Follow Christ begins to show us the way.
|Publisher:||Our Sunday Visitor, Publishing Division|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.10(h) x 0.30(d)|
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Daily Personal Prayer 13
Chapter 2 Hearing God in Scripture 25
Chapter 3 The Power of the Sacraments 37
Chapter 4 Forgiving One Another 49
Chapter 5 The Spirit-Empowered Life 61
Chapter 6 The World 75
Chapter 7 The Flesh 87
Chapter 8 The Devil 101
Chapter 9 Advancing the Mission of the Church 113
About ChristLife 126
About the Authors 128