Friends help you mature emotionally and spiritually.
Friends teach you about forgiveness.
Friends love you no matter what.
Carolyn Nystrom leads you through ten inductive studies to discover what the Bible teaches about friendship. As you dig into the stories of friends like David and Jonathan or Ruth and Naomi, you will experience the riches of godly friendship for yourself.
This revised LifeGuide Bible Study features additional questions for starting group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection, together with expanded leader's notes and a "Now or Later" section in each study.
About the Author
Carolyn Nystrom (MA, Wheaton College) has written more than eighty books, Bible study guides and children's titles. She served as general editor for the Christian Classics series and she co-authored Guard Us, Guide Us and Praying with theologian J. I. Packer, and Before I Was Born (God's Design for Sex) with Sandra Speidel. In addition to actively serving in her church and community, she has been a foster parent, an elementary schoolteacher and a book editor. Carolyn lives in the Chicago area with her husband and they have four grown children.
Table of Contents
Getting the Most Out of Friendship
1. Needing Friends - Ecclesiastes 4:1-12
2. David & Mephibosheth - 2 Samuel 9; 16:1-4; 19:24-30
3. Enjoying Our Differences - 1 Corinthians 12:12-31
4. Naomi & Ruth - Ruth 12
5. Forgiving Friends - Matthew 18: 12-35
6. A Father & His Son - Luke 15:11-32
7. Friends Accountable to Friends - Galatians 6:1-10
8. David & Nathan - 2 Samuel 11:112:25
9. Loving Friends - 1 John 4:7-21
10. Forever Friends - 1 Thessalonians 4:135:11