San Diego is a touristic magnet, attracting an estimated 40 million tourists a year. That’s not surprising: the city boasts some of the most fascinating museum and historic sights in the nation, plus a vibrant nightlife scene (including cutting-edge restaurants), eye-candy nature sights and postcard-perfect beaches.
Frommer's San Diego day by day advises the reader how to see the best of everything--in the smartest, most time-efficient way. The book contains:
- The best of San Diego in one, two or three days, plus thematic tours for every interest, schedule or taste.
- Walking tours of the city's best-loved neighborhoods, from the Gaslamp Quarter to La Jolla and Coronado.
- Scores of evocative color photographs.
- Bulleted maps that show the reader how to get from place to place, plus a tear-resistant foldout map in a handy, reclosable plastic wallet.
- Highly opinionated appraisals of hotels, restaurants, shopping, and nightlife for all budgets from luxury to backpacker.
- Exact pricing so there’s never any guessing.
- Detailed information on the best outdoor adventures, beaches and day trip.
About the Author
Maribeth Mellin is an award-wining journalist and photographer.She has authored books on Mexico, California, Costa Rica, Peru, Argentina and Hawaii. When not traveling the globe, she enjoys time at home with her husband. Maribeth lives near the beach in San Diego.