The revelation of the Trinity establishes that the relationship of the one true God with us springs from the relationship within himself, without us. The Trinity is not a problem to be solved, but a beauty to be discovered. Dr Imad N. Shehadeh uses careful exegetical and theological analysis to explore the presentation of the triune God in Scripture and expertly navigate the reader through the errors and pitfalls regarding the Trinity.
This book explains the essential role that the perfect truth of a three-in-one God plays in being able to know God and be sure of his character. Dr Shehadeh doesn’t fear to tread on controversial ground but instead addresses key issues in theology, the study of God, such as the logic of the Trinity, and whether the God of the Bible is the same as the god of other religions. This first of two volumes, is a valuable contribution to the theological academy but also is an accessible guide for anyone to encounter the perfect, holy, triune, God.
|Publisher:||Langham Partnership International|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.49(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Biblical Passages Studied
- Tables and Figures
- Foreword – J. Scott Horrell
- Introduction: Passion for the Trinity
- 1 – Readiness to Receive God’s Revelation of Himself
- 2 – The Various Concepts of the Oneness of God
- 3 – The Various Uses of the Expression “God”
- 4 – Avoiding Common Errors about the Trinity
- 5 – Is It the Same God?
- 6 – The Historical Conflict of Absolute Oneness
- 7 – The Answer of Oneness in Trinity
- 8 – Consistency of the Trinity with Logic
- Appendix 1: The Repeated Mention of the Persons of the Trinity
- Appendix 2: The Deity of Christ
- Appendix 3: The Personhood and Deity of the Holy Spirit
- Complete Scripture Index