This concise and fact-filled book is essential for anyone who cares for the well-being of adolescent girls. Knowledgeable professionals cover all the key current topics on female adolescent health, providing you with up-to-date and nonsexist information on the health problems adolescent females commonly encounter and ways in which to prevent or treat them.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||2 MB|
Table of ContentsContents Preface: Who Speaks for the Female Adolescent?
- The Challenge of Providing Health Care to Adolescents
- Nutritional Needs of the Female Adolescent
- Reflections on Beauty as It Relates to Health in Adolescent Females
- The First Pelvic Examination and Common Gynecological Problems in Adolescent Girls
- The Effect of Pregnancy on Adolescent Growth and Development
- Scoliosis: Diagnosis and Current Treatment
- Cigarette Smoking by Adolescent Females: Implications for Health and Behavior
- The Troubled Teen: Suicide, Drug Use, and Running Away