- Features hikes everyone, including children and seniors, can enjoy
- Highlights must-see park sights and activities beyond hiking
- Full-color maps and photos throughout
Hike the Parks: Redwood National & State Parks is the first in a new series of national park hiking guides that feature an easy-to-use design, pocket-sized format, and full-color photos and maps, with top trails detailed alongside top sights. These public lands offer a breathtaking setting of giant trees that have survived dinosaurs by millions of years.
- 38 of the best day-hiking options, from nature walks to more challenging routes
- Distance and elevation in US and metric measurements
- Information on visitors centers, campgrounds, sights, permits, fees, park facts, and more
- Resources for park "gateway towns"
- 1- and 3-day itineraries for visitors
- Overview of the parks’ flora and fauna
|Publisher:||Mountaineers Books, The|
|Product dimensions:||4.00(w) x 7.00(h) x (d)|
About the Author
John Soares grew up near Redding, hiking in the Sierra before going on to explore trails all over the world. He is the author of several guidebooks, including 100 Classic Hikes: Northern California, now in its fourth edition, and Day Hiking: Mount Shasta, Lassen & Trinity Alps Regions. Visit him online at NorthernCaliforniaHikingTrails.com and on Facebook @JohnSoaresHikingGuidebookAuthor.