iOS6 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach is your code reference and guide to developing solutions on iPad, iPhone, and other iOS6 SDKdevices and platforms. This book provides in-depth code samples and discussions for scenarios that developers face every day. You'll find numerous examples of real-world cases that will enable you to build fully functional applications quickly and efficiently.
The recipes included in this book are wide in scope, and have been geared toward the professional developer. You'll find clear and concise code samples accompanying each recipe, and will be presented with cutting-edge solutions that bring forth the best that the iOS6 SDK has to offer. The recipes include:
- Working with Autolayout to build flexible user interfaces that adapts to different screen sizes
- Building applications that incorporate multimedia
- Building location-aware apps
- Understanding best practices for application design and development
You'll find iOS6 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach to be an indispensable reference for all of your iOS development.
What you’ll learn
- How to make your apps truly stand out with multimedia
- How to integrate social network services like Twitter and Facebook into you apps
- How to enhance your game apps with GameCenter
- How to develop powerful apps with the latest Xcode
- How to use Table Views and Collection Views in combination with Core Data to build powerful data-driven apps
- How to build beautiful location-based apps with the new map engine
Who this book is for
This book is intended for developers familiar with the Objective-C programming language and with an interest in developing apps for the iPhone and iPad. While a basic knowledge of Objective-C is expected, developers at all levels of app development will benefit from this book.
Table of Contents1. Application Recipes
2. Layout Recipes
3. Table and Collection View Recipes
4. Location Recipes
5. Motion Recipes
6. Map Recipes
7. Social Network Recipes
8. Camera Recipes
9. Multimedia Recipes
10. Image Recipes
11. User Data Recipes
12. Data Storage Recipes
13. Data Transmission Recipes
14. Game Kit Recipes
|Edition description:||1st ed.|
|Product dimensions:||7.60(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.50(d)|
About the Author
Colin Francis is an iOS developer from Gaithersburg, Maryland. After studying C++ and Java, he trained himself in iOS development and worked with Shawn Grimes of Shawnsbits, LLC in Baltimore. Now he lives in Miami, developing iOS apps independently with a focus on utilities and audio-focused software applications. He also works as an audio designer and sound technician, with experience on productions in both Miami and Washington, D.C.
Hans-Eric Gronlund is an active iOS and other app/applications software developer who took his first coding steps on his Sord M5 home computer back in 1985, playing with Basic and Assembler, and of course the fantastic game Guttang Gottong. He received his first programming job 1990 and have stayed in the business ever since, as a developer and a manager of software projects. Creating software and writing about it is both work and hobby for him. For more about him, visit http://www.hans-eric.com/.