Guy Hart-Davis is the author of more than 50 computer books, including How to Do Everything with Microsoft Excel 2007 and How to Do Everything with Microsoft Word 2007.
Learn Excel 2011 for Macby Guy Hart-Davis
Microsoft Excel 2011 for Mac OS X is a powerful application, but many of its most impressive features can be difficult to find.Learn Excel 2011 for Mac by Guy Hart-Davisisa practical, hands-on approach to learning all of the details of Excel 2011 in order to get work done efficiently on Mac OS X. From using formulas and functions/em>/strong>/em>
Microsoft Excel 2011 for Mac OS X is a powerful application, but many of its most impressive features can be difficult to find.Learn Excel 2011 for Mac by Guy Hart-Davisisa practical, hands-on approach to learning all of the details of Excel 2011 in order to get work done efficiently on Mac OS X. From using formulas and functions to creating databases, from analyzing data to automating tasks, you'll learn everything you need to know to put this powerful application to usefor a variety of tasks.
What you’ll learn
- The secrets of the Excel for Mac interface!
- How to create effective workbooks and templates
- How to quickly format worksheets
- How to perform custom calculations and formulas
- What kind of creative and persuasive charts
- How to illustrate your worksheets with SmartArt, pictures, and more
- What business problem solving can be done with Excel
- How to analyze data with pivot tables
- How to automate tasks with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
Who this book is for
Beginning and intermediate users looking to get up to speed quickly with the Excel 2011 application and use it productively, both online and offline.
Table of Contents
- Learning the Secrets of the Excel:Mac Interface
- Configuring Excel:Mac to Suit the Way You Work
- Creating Effective Workbooks and Templates
- Formatting Your Worksheets Quickly and Efficiently
- Performing Custom Calculations with Formulas
- Using Excel’s Built-In Functions
- Creating Clear and Persuasive Charts
- Using Data Bars, Color Scales, Icon Sets, and Sparklines
- Illustrating Your Worksheets with SmartArt, Pictures, and More
- Creating Databases Using Tables
- Solving Business Questions with What-If Analysis, Goal Seek, and Solver
- Analyzing Data with PivotTables
- Collaborating and Sharing with Macs and Windows
- Automating Tasks with Macros and VBA
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.20(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
This is almost the only textbook out there for Mac, Microsoft Excel. I had no choice and bought it to refresh my skills on my Mac. It has all the theoretical examples but it would have been more engaging and easy to learn if it included some sort of a case I could follow. I don't like this book at all. Do not waste your time and money.