Learn to Read Latin helps students acquire an ability to read and appreciate the great works of Latin literature as quickly as possible. It not only presents basic Latin morphology and syntax with clear explanations and examples but also offers direct access to unabridged passages drawn from a wide variety of Latin texts. As beginning students learn basic forms and grammar, they also gain familiarity with patterns of Latin word order and other features of style. Learn to Read Latin
- is designed to be comprehensive and requires no supplementary materials
- explains English grammar points and provides drills especially for today’s students
- offers sections on Latin metrics
- includes numerous unaltered examples of ancient Latin prose and poetry
- incorporates selections by authors such as Caesar, Cicero, Sallust, Catullus, Vergil, and Ovid, presented chronologically with introductions to each author and work
- offers a comprehensive workbook that provides drills and homework assignments.
|Publisher:||Yale University Press|
|Product dimensions:||8.60(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.40(d)|
About the Author
Andrew Keller and Stephanie Russell teach classics at Collegiate School in New York City.