The first ethnographic book devoted to lowrider custom car culture puts a new spin on an aesthetic and mechanical achievement through which Mexican Americans alter the urban landscape and make a place for themselves in an often segregated society.
|Publisher:||University of Texas Press|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Ben Chappell is Assistant Professor of American Studies at the University of Kansas.
Table of Contents
- Chapter One. Cruising Spaces
- Chapter Two. Inside Out: The Ambivalent Aesthetics of Lowrider Interiors
- Chapter Three. Auto Bodies
- Chapter Four. Work: The Producer as Author
- Chapter Five. Neither Gangsters nor Santitos
- Reference List