Anyone who has planned a renovation project knows that there are many, often difficult, decisions to make along the way. As Canada's most trusted contractor, Mike has seen the good, the bad and the ugly. He provides expert advice in all aspects of planning and completing the most common renovation projects so homeowners will:
- Know what's possible: design and planning considerations, including advice on building green
- Learn the basics: structural considerations, permits and potential challenges
- Hire right: finding the right people for the job
- Choose the right materials: comprehensive guide to flooring, cabinets, etc., to help you make the best choices (which aren't necessarily the most expensive ones)
- Understand cost and timelines: getting and understanding estimates and how long it's going to take
- Oversee the job properly: how to ensure the renovation is done right, including step-by-step photographs of correct installation
Packed with color photographs, illustrations and sidebars, this new Make It Right book will help ensure homeowners avoid costly mistakes and get their renovation right the first time.
|Publisher:||Time Inc. Books|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.40(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Mike Holmes is the star of the incredibly popular Holmes on Homes program, where, in every episode, he and his trusty renovation crew fix renovation disasters. Mike has more than two decades of construction experience and was schooled by his father, a master plumber, in all aspects of construction and renovation. With a passion for doing things the right way the first time and a deep-seated respect for construction professionals, Mike has worked on hundreds of home and commercial renovation projects, earning a reputation for outstanding craftsmanship and a willingness to stand behind his work.