Do you have a friend that always seems to be flying around the world in First Class and wonder how they afford it?
Or maybe you already know they use "frequent flyer miles" but have no idea how to get them yourself. (Hint: You don't need to actually fly to earn them!)
Dave Grossman has been "that friend" for over a decade and, in this must-read for anyone with big travel dreams on a small budget, Dave shares all his secrets. You'll learn:
- The difference between miles and points and how to leverage both
- How to set your travel goals and make them a quick reality
- Ways to exponentially increase the number of miles and points you earn
- How to find those elusive First and Business Class award seats
Please note that this edition of the book is geared towards a US-based audience. While the foundations are the same worldwide, this book primarily references US-based programs and credit cards.
|Publisher:||DG Interactive, LLC|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.22(d)|
About the Author
Dave's hosted two seminars on miles and points at South By Southwest in Austin, and he's been quoted in the Wall Street Journal and Travel + Leisure, published on Bravo TV's JetSet website, and has spoken on the Condé Nast Traveler podcast series. He also writes the blog MilesTalk.com which helps readers learn how to earn and spend miles and points to travel better.
Table of Contents
- How to Use this Book to Achieve Your Travel Dreams
- So, What are Miles and Points, Exactly?
- Elite Status with Airlines and Hotels: Is It Worth It?
- Setting your Travel Goals (Earn and Burn)
- Airline Miles and Alliances: How They Work and How to Work Them
- Finding Availability for Airline Awards: They’re Hiding In Plain Sight
- Hotel Points: Luxury on Landing
- Credit Card Points / Transferable Currencies: Your Most Important Tool
- High-End Credit Cards: You Can Get More Than You Give
- Credit Card Sign-Up Bonuses: Fill Your Points Coffers Quickly
- Credit Card Category Spend Bonuses: Don’t Leave Points on the Table
- Earn Points and Miles by Banking: Make your $ Work For You
- Earning Miles / Points / Cash Back for Eating and Shopping
- Useful Websites to Bookmark
- Tying It All Together