Set your portraits apart from the rest!
Portraits can be an intimidating subject. But not with Art At the Speed of Life author and workshop instructor Pam Carriker as your teacher. She helps you take on faces one quick sketch at a time for faster, easier, more enjoyable drawing and painting. Not your average book on drawing the face, Mixed Media Portraits With Pam Carriker shows easy ways to draw more realistic faces in your own signature style. The goal is not an immaculate finished portrait, but a continually growing collection of personal, expressive sketches that you can use and reuse in your mixed-media work.
Inside you'll find:
- An easy-to-learn face-mapping technique that allows you to draw faces from your imagination, without a model or photo in front of you
- Mini-demonstrations breaking down each facial feature
- Simple color combinations for mixing both realistic and out-of-the-ordinary skin tones
- 15 step-by-step projects featuring original ways to use your portraits as starting points for mixed-media masterpieces
- Tons of expert tips, from selecting the right pencil for the job to creating self-portraits, working with reference photos and using transfer techniques
|Product dimensions:||7.90(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
Pam Carriker is a mixed-media artist, instructor, columnist, and the author of Art at the Speed of Life and Creating Art at the Speed of Life (Interweave). Her articles and artwork can be found in over forty publications, and she has developed a signature line of mixed-media art products with Derivan Matisse. pamcarriker.com