Hit the Road with Moon Travel Guides!
Wind-carved red rocks, brightly painted adobe houses, and miles of open desert road: explore the beauty of the Southwest with Moon Southwest Road Trip. Inside you'll find:
- Maps and driving tools: 32 easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the highway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, and detailed directions for the entire route
- Activities for every traveler: Revel in the glitz and glam of Las Vegas, or cruise down America's most beloved two-lane highway, Route 66. Sample New Mexico's famous chile (green or red is a trick question-they're both delicious!) or shop the silver and turquoise markets of Santa Fe. Marvel at the sandstone spires of Monument Valley and the cliff dwellings of Mesa Verde National Park, or go mountain biking in Moab or swimming in Havasu Falls. See icons of classic Americana, and spend the night in a teepee motel
- Where to pull over: Lists of the best places to eat, sleep, stop and explore
- Mix and match itineraries including a complete two-week "Best of the Southwest" adventure; a week-long tour of Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, and Utah's National Parks; and one- to two-day plans for driving down Route 66, or spending time in Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce, Arches and Canyonlands, Santa Fe, and Taos
- Expert insight from road warrior and Arizona local Tim Hull
- Strategic advice for planning your road trip, such as when to get gas, how to avoid traffic, suggestions for driving in different landscapes and weather conditions, and tips for travelers with disabilities, LGBTQ travelers, seniors, and road-trippers with kids
Looking to explore more of America on wheels? Try Moon California Road Trip! Spending more time in the Southwest? Check out Moon Grand Canyon, Moon New Mexico, or Moon Utah.
About the Author
A resident of Arizona for then 40 years, Tim Hull has been road tripping around the American Southwest since he was old enough to drive legally. As a news reporter and freelance writer for the past 20 years, Hull has written about the history, politics, environment and culture of the Southwest for newspapers, magazines and websites. His family's roots in the region run deep, beginning in the 1870s when his maternal great, great grandfather opened a doctor's office in Prescott, Arizona. Hull currently resides in Tucson, Arizona, and in his spare time he travels the world with his wife and writes fiction. He is also the author of Moon Arizona & the Grand Canyon and Moon Tucson.