Once again award winning author Steve Reedy shares his far-flung whimsy, delightful prose, and unique humor in this second installment of his short story collections for kids.
As you journey through each fable, Reedy’s engaging insight and quirky imagery will leave you feeling elated and inspired from the trip. Each imaginative and charming story reflects timeless themes that are both highly entertaining and help build self-esteem for kids, and adults can’t seem to get enough of too!
Here are some of the interesting characters you’ll love meeting as you journey through this book:
- Jordy Fin discovers he can change his world with a thought, and he learns just how powerful thoughts can be.
- Katie awakens to find that her town has been asleep for years, and she begins waking people up to ask: “What is real and what is a dream?”
- Max is having trouble fitting into a town full of nutty people, until he discovers a hidden connection that he shares with everyone.
- James lives in a town run by a giant clock, and he sets off on a journey to stop time.
- Piper must face a hoard of pink fuzzy bunnies to save herself and her friends from a device that could ruin their town.
More Tales For Your Monkey’s Mind is a fun and inspirational book for kids as well as adults; an instant classic that you will want to read over and over again! Order your copy today!
About the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Reviewed by Gisela Dixon for Readers' Favorite More Tales for Your Monkey's Mind: Fables and Modern Fairy Tales by Steve Michael Reedy is a children’s story book with a lesson behind each story. More Tales for Your Monkey's Mind consists of just a few short tales, each unique in its plot and always with a life lesson incorporated into it. These fables consist of both human and animal characters with some fantasy elements thrown in. For example, the story of Sleepy Town where everyone sleeps if they ponder too long about the deeper meaning behind life when sometimes it is necessary to just be in the moment to enjoy life; the tale of the eccentric, nutty people which celebrates the uniqueness of each character and that being not normal is okay; the power of the mind and thoughts in this world; and many such more. I enjoyed reading More Tales for Your Monkey's Mind: Fables and Modern Fairy Tales very much and the style of storytelling reminded me of the children’s books I read growing up—simple, full of animal characters, rhymes, and just “happy.” What makes this book special is the author's poetic writing style and I also enjoyed the actual numerous poems he has incorporated into the stories. I also loved the many illustrations that accompany the stories and they really add to the reading experience. The philosophical insights inherent in the stories are great and can be beneficial for kids, especially in today’s world. The end result is just fun, satisfying, and thoroughly enjoyable for both kids and adults.