Motherhood is complicated. It can bring about feelings of deep love and joy, frustration, helplessness, tenderness, guilt, contentment and longingall in an hour! In these studies on biblical motherhood, student minister and mother Patty Pell helps you discover the truth about who you are, who God is and how he sees you. As you learn to rest in your identity as his beloved, you'll be empowered to love your children with his love.
About the Author
Patty Pell (M.A., Old Testament Studies, Denver Seminary) is a staff worker with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship on the campus of the University of Northern Colorado and at Christ Community Church in Greeley, Colorado. She is the author of Esther and Hospitality in the LifeGuide® Bible Study series and a coauthor of Small Group Leaders' Handbook.
Table of ContentsGetting the most out of Motherhood
1. The Secure Mother: Finding Our Identity in Christ - Ephesians 1:3-14
2. The Healing Mother: Acknowledging Our Own Issues - Mark 5:21-34
3. The Trusting Mother: Depending on God - Matthew 6:25-34
4. The Wonder-Filled Mother: Gaining Perspective - Psalm 139:1-18
5. The Growing Mother: Nurturing Ourselves - Romans 12: 1-8
6. The Free Mother: Letting Go of Expectations - Psalm 131
7. The Humble Mother: Walking in Grace - Luke 18:9-14
8. The Connected Mother: Finding Community - Colossians 3:12-17
9. The Influencing Mother: Leaving a Legacy - 1 Thessalonians 2:1-12
10. The Joyful Mother: Living in Gratitude- Philippians 4:4-9