Network security is constantly evolving, and this comprehensive guide has been thoroughly updated to cover the newest developments. If you are responsible for network security, this is the reference you need at your side.
Covering new techniques, technology, and methods for approaching security, it also examines new trends and best practices being used by many organizations. The revised Network Security Bible complements the Cisco Academy course instruction in networking security.
- Covers all core areas of network security and how they interrelate
- Fully revised to address new techniques, technology, and methods for securing an enterprise worldwide
- Examines new trends and best practices in use by organizations to secure their enterprises
- Features additional chapters on areas related to data protection/correlation and forensics
- Includes cutting-edge topics such as integrated cybersecurity and sections on Security Landscape, with chapters on validating security, data protection, forensics, and attacks and threats
If you need to get up to date or stay current on network security, Network Security Bible, 2nd Edition covers everything you need to know.
Related collections and offers
About the Author
Table of ContentsIntroduction.
Part I: Network Security Landscape.
Chapter 1: State of Network Security.
Chapter 2: New Approaches to Cyber Security.
Part II: Security Principles and Practices.
Chapter 4: Information System Security Principles.
Chapter 5: Information System Security Management.
Chapter 6: Access Control.
Chapter 7: Attacks and Threats.
Part III: Operating Systems and Applications.
Chapter 8: Windows Security.
Chapter 9: UNIX and Linux Security.
Chapter 10: Web Browser and Client Security.
Chapter 11: Web Security.
Chapter 12: Electronic mail (E-mail) Security.
Chapter 14: Server Security.
Part IV: Network Security Fundamentals.
Chapter 16: Wireless Security.
Chapter 19: Intrusion Detection/Prevention.
Part V: Communication.
Chapter 20: Secret Communication.
Chapter 22: Applications of Secure/Covert Communication.
Part VI: The Security Threat and Response.
Chapter23: IntrusionDetection andResponse.
Chapter 25: Security Assessments, Testing, and Evaluation.
Part VII: Integrated Cyber Security.
Chapter 26: Validating Your Security.
Chapter 28: Putting Everything Together.