Learn from real-world examples and interviews with people who put these ideas into action every day: Kristina Halvorson of Brain Traffic, Tiffani Jones Brown of Pinterest, Randy J. Hunt of Etsy, Gabrielle Blair of Design Mom, Mandy Brown of Editorially, Sarah Richards of GOV.UK, and more.
• Write marketing copy, interface flows, blog posts, legal policies, and emails
• Develop behind-the-scenes documents like mission statements, survey questions, and project briefs
• Find your voice and adapt your tone for the situation
• Build trust and foster relationships with readers
• Make a simple style guide
“Writing is a skill that will hugely benefit anyone’s career, and luckily, it’s a skill that anyone can learn. Nicely Said is a wonderful guide to writing clearly and concisely for the audience you’re trying to reach. Whether you’re a professional or just getting started, you’ll find a ton to steal from here.”
(— Austin Kleon, author of Steal Like An Artist and Show Your Work!
"Between them, Kate and Nicole have written for many of the web's most valuable and respected companies. Their commitment to clarity and kindness is the result of their experience, and it makes them extraordinary teachers."
- Erin Kissane, author of The Elements of Content Strategy
Related collections and offers
About the Author
Nicole Fenton is an independent writer and editor in Brooklyn. She has worked at a large social network, a startup incubator, a design studio, and Apple. She manages content projects of all sizes and teaches writing as a design practice.
Kate Kiefer Lee is a writer and editor at MailChimp and a former magazine editor. She has written for publications like Forbes and A List Apart, and spoken about web content around the world. She teaches people how to write like they talk.