- Get it by Friday, September 29 , Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Your Oracle career starts here! Ideal for those new to Oracle technology,this officially authorized entry-level book shows new DBAs various methods for backup and recoveryincluding Recovery Manager (RMAN). Includes hands-on exercises and end-of-chapter reviews to reinforce just-learned concepts.
Learn to Protect Data in an Oracle Database
Oracle Backup and Recovery 101 explains,step-by-step,how to manage database backup and recovery via physical file operations and logical data operations. The book also teaches you how to perform server-managed backup and recovery using Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN). Officially authorized by Oracle Corporation,this hands-on guide shows you everything you need to know to implement a basic backup and recovery plan for your Oracle database and includes full details on setting up a small sample database so you can practice the tasks covered throughout the book.
- Handle user-managed physical database restore and recovery using an offline (cold) backup and archive logs
- Perform an online (hot) backup while the database is open
- Copy and clone an Oracle database for development and testing
- Create a standby database for high availability
- Perform tablespace recovery on a database using transportable tablespaces
- Analyze the online redo log file to find logical corruption
- Use Recovery Manager (RMAN) to simplify backup and recovery