Based on his experience raising an online child, and creating the web’s most popular airline safety site, AirSafe.com, Dr. Todd Curtis identifies the most important problem areas for online families, and provides parents and children with advice for avoiding or eliminating the most common problems in areas such as online privacy and avoiding inappropriate material.
Parents need to be involved with what their child does online. Every parent, from online novice to online expert, can use this book to help a child master the tools of the Internet safety and without fear. In the book, you can discover:
- Why you need to manage your child's online experience
- Important online issues for parents
- How to use the Internet to help your child academically
- How to enjoy being online with your child
This book contains:
- Advice on how to avoid online threats
- Advice on how to use search engines
- Links to numerous free resources
- Insights on combining library resources and the Internet
Noted aviation safety expert Dr. Todd Curtis is the founder and publisher of AirSafe.com, and created a number of other online resources related to ad to airline safety and security. A former airline safety analyst with Boeing, Dr. Curtis has written extensively about aviation safety and is the author of the book, Understanding Aviation Safety Data. He also wrote the 2007 book 'Parenting and the Internet' as a practical guide for parents with online children. Dr. Curtis and AirSafe.com have been featured by numerous news organizations including CNN, New York Times, Washington Post, Time magazine, and the Wall Street Journal.