PLC Programming Using RSLogix 500: Advanced Programming Concepts is the 2nd book of the PLC programming series. It provides; together with other books in the series, a guided approach in developing the skills necessary for programming the PLC control systems used in industrial and manufacturing environments.
The main objective for this series of books is to provide a practical resource for those who are relatively new to PLC controls and want to learn ladder logic programming. It will aid technicians in troubleshooting existing program applications, and serve as a valuable reference guide as you develop your own projects.
Table of Contents
Topics covered in Advanced Concepts include:
- How to configure RSLinx communication protocols, drivers and networks.
- Using the OSR “One-Shot-Relay” and the OTL & OTU “Latch and “Unlatch” instructions.
- The use of the MCR “Master Control Relay” instruction.
- The use of Timers, Counters, and the RTO “Retentive Timer”. How to “cascade” these instructions to achieve longer, precise time periods for special applications.
- An introduction into different ways to use the Math, Comparison, Logical Register, and Program Flow types of instructions in actual program routines.
- How to program for analog devices using the SCP, SCL, and basic math instructions. Examples for input and output devices.
- An introduction on the PID instruction and its basic programming requirements.