You'll see how to find a pattern you can apply to a given UI problem and how to deconstruct patterns to understand them in depth, including their constraints. UI patterns lead to better use of existing conventions and converging web standards. This book shows you how to spot anti-patterns, how to mix and match patterns, and how they inform design systems.
By helping the non-web professionals and junior web professionals of the world use basic patterns, the web industry can put its best foot forward as new interfaces such as VR/AR/MR, conversational UIs, machine learning, voice input, evolving gestural interactions and more infiltrate the market. Given the emerging popularity of design systems and space of DesignOps, as well as the rise of companies competing on design and usability, now is the time to think about how we use and evolve UI patterns and scale design systems.
What You'll Learn
• Produce intuitive products through consistency and familiarity.
• Save time instead of starting from scratch.
• Communicate design decisions with evidence to support solutions.
• Use smart defaults without extensive product design experience.
• Improve a user's experience.
• Scale growing business with design.
Who This Book Is For
Those familiar with creating websites and want to learn more, WordPress bloggers, or marketers who want to weave components together into a usable, revenue-generating experience.
|Edition description:||1st ed.|
|Product dimensions:||6.10(w) x 9.25(h) x (d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents1. Introducing UI patterns
2. Tap into Patterns
3. Deciding which Pattern to Use and When
4.Patterns in Design Systems
5. Anti-patterns and Dark Patterns
6. Mixing and Matching Patterns
Appendix. Suggested Reading