The go-to sentence-building guide now includes a brand-new, fully comprehensive review chapter!
You’ve learned the fundamentals of Italian grammar, like spelling, word meanings, and parts of speech. Now it’s time to take the next step and put them all together to communicate complete ideas. Practice Makes Perfect Italian Sentence Builder, Second Edition guides you through the process of putting the “parts” of Italian together correctly, from connecting words into clauses to writing original sentences to creating whole paragraphs. You’ll get where you want in no time through Practice Makes Perfect’s systematic, crystal-clear approach to building sentences.
Practice Makes Perfect Italian Sentence Builder, Second Edition features:
• Clear explanations of how to apply grammar to create well-formed sentences
• Numerous examples of correctly-formed Italian sentences
• Lesson reinforcement with copious practice exercises, include multiple choice, sentence-correction, and building new sentences from scratch
• Answer key, including suggestions for creative exercises
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.60(h) x 0.60(d)|
About the Author
Paola Nanni-Tateteaches Italian at Ohio State University and is the author of several Italian language-learning titles, including Italian Verb Drills.
Table of ContentsIntroduction
1. Declarative Sentences and Word Order
2. Interrogative Sentences
3. Questions and Answers
4. Exclamatory Sentences
6. Building Sentences with Coordinating Conjunctions
7. Building Sentences with Subordinating Conjunctions
8. Relative Pronouns
9. Using Pronouns
10. Using Adjectives
11. Using Adverbs
12. Using Infinitives
13. Idioms and Special Phrases
14. Comparisons, Contrasts and Antonyms
15. The Passive Voice
16. The Subjunctive Mood
17. The Subjunctive Mood and Verb Tenses
18. Punctuation and Spelling
19. Letter Writing
20. Let’s Write!