Pulsed Laser Deposition of Thin Films: Applications-Led Growth of Functional Materials / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
Edited by major contributors to the field, this text summarizes current or newly emerging pulsed laser deposition application areas. It spans the field of optical devices, electronic materials, sensors and actuators, biomaterials, and organic polymers. Every scientist, technologist and development engineer who has a need to grow and pattern, to apply and use thin film materials will regard this book as a must-have resource.
|Product dimensions:||7.32(w) x 10.04(h) x 1.48(d)|
About the Author
ROBERT EASON, PhD, is Professor of Optoelectronics at the Optoelectronics Research Centre (ORC) at the University of Southampton, UK, and a member of the ORC Management Board. Professor Eason has more than 140 journal and 160 conference publications to his credit. His achievements in PLD include the world's first lasing PLD waveguide (Nd:GGG on YAG), quasi-three level c.w. operation of Nd:GGG, the growth of single crystal thin-film sapphire that matches the best bulk sapphire grown to date, and the first successful growth and laser operation of Ti:sapphire on sapphire waveguides.
Table of Contents
1. Pulsed Laser Deposition of Complex Materials: Progress Towards Applications (D. Norton).
2. Resonant Infrared Pulsed Laser Ablation and Deposition of Thin Polymer Films (D. Bubb & R. Haglund).
3. Deposition of Polymers and Biomaterials Using the Matrix Assisted Pulsed Laser Eveporation (MAPLE) Process (A. Piqué).
4. In situ Diagnostics by High Pressure RHEED during PLD (G. Rijnders & D. Blank).
5. Ultra-fast laser Ablation and Film Deposition (E. Gamaly, et al.).
6. Cross-beam PLD: Metastable Film Structures from Intersecting Plumes (A. Gorbunoff).
7. Combinatorial Pulsed Laser Deposition (I. Takeuchi).
8. Growth Kinetics During Pulsed Laser Deposition (G. Rijnders & D. Blank).
9. Large Area Commercial Pulsed Laser Deposition (J. Greer).
10. Coating Powders for Drug Delivery Systems Using Pulsed Laser Deposition (J. Talton, et al.).
11. Transparent Conducting Oxide Films (H. Kim).
12. ZnO and ZnO-related Compounds (J. Perriére, et al.).
13. Group III Nitride Growth (D. O'Mahony & J. Lunney).
14. Pulsed Laser Deposition of High-Temperature Superconducting Thin Films and Their Applications (B. Schey).
15. DLC: Medical and Mechanical Applications (R. Narayan).
16. Pulsed Laser Deposition of Metals (H. Krebs).
17. Optical Waveguide Growth and Applications (R. Eason, et al.).
18. Biomaterials: New issues and Breakthroughs for Biomedical Applications (V. Nelea, et al.).
19. Thermoelectric Materials (A. Dauscher & B. Lenoir).
20. Piezoelectrics (F. Cracium & M. Dinescu).
21. Ferroelectric Thin Films for Microwave Device Applications (C. Chen & J. Horwitz).
22. Films for Electrochemical Applications (M. Montenegro & T. Lippert).
23. Pulsed Laser Deposition of Tribological Coatings (A. Voevodin, et al.).
24. Laser Ablation Synthesis of Single-wall Carbon Nanotubes: The SLS Model (A. Gorbunoff & O. Jost).
25. Quasicrystalline Thin Films (P. Willmott).
What People are Saying About This
"An invaluable examination of the latest materials and applications in pulsed laser deposition, Pulsed Laser Deposition of Thin Films represents a remarkable achievement." (Current Engineering Practice, Feb 2008)