Parents love to imagine their children growing up to be exceptional adults. But for many, raising exceptional adults seems a daunting task. Perhaps you're a new parent and don't know where to start, or maybe you're a parent of teens and feel like you've made a mess of it all. Or perhaps you're somewhere in between and just don't think you're good at the whole parenting thing.
Wherever you are in your parenting journey, there's hope for you. As a mom of four boys, Monica Swansonalso the author of Boy Mom and host of the popular Boy Mom podcastknows firsthand the challenges and struggles of parenting and the kind of help that parents in the trenches are looking for.
In Raising Amazing, Monica gives you the tools and techniques you need to:
- Raise countercultural kids in the midst of a crazy world
- Train your children in the biblical character qualities you value most
- Find ways to help your kids navigate technology, sports, and dating
- Introduce your children to a vibrant life of faith that will draw them closer to God
- Cultivate strong sibling bonds and mend those that may already be struggling
- Develop healthy relationships with your children that will lead to friendship for a lifetime
- Encourage dads with a "note to dads" at the end of each chapter written by Monica's husband
This isn't just a book; it's a fresh perspective on parenting that may just change the trajectory of your family forever.
|Product dimensions:||8.30(w) x 5.30(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, Monica graduated from Pepperdine University and earned her teaching credential from Linfield College. Monica has a bachelor's degree in sports medicine and has spent much of her life as a personal coach and trainer. She and her doctor-husband, Dave, have one college graduate son, one son in college, another son surfing professionally and taking college classes online, and a twelve-year-old son homeschooled by Monica. The Swanson family enjoys growing tropical fruit at their family home in the country on the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii.