Raising positive, drug-free kids in a negative world is not easy, but in the long run it's easier than raising negative ones. Now, the bestselling motivational author reveals his simple prescription for success with children, step by positive step.
Drawing on the most comprehensive measurable results ever made available to an author – his "I CAN" course, taught in more than five thousand schools with more than three million participants – and his own successes and failures as a parent, Zig Ziglar offers sensible guidelines on:
- Praise and encouragement: Children can hardly have too much of the right kinds. Look for the good in your children and you will find it.
- Drugs: The latest statistics and a winning approach to teaching kids to say no, starting with cigarettes.
- Time: Quality time is not enough. Kids need a lot of time with parents (and virtually none with TV).
- Discipline: The loving parent will not shirk it.
- Sex and romance: Be frank, be firm, be realistic.
And much more, in a book that is both refreshingly old-fashioned and startlingly new.
Previous edition: 0-34541-022-x
|Publisher:||Nelson, Thomas, Inc.|
|Product dimensions:||5.40(w) x 8.40(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Zig Ziglar, one of the most sought after motivational speakers in the United States, offers a message filled with humor, hope and enthusiasm for audiences around the world. Many of the books he authored have become worldwide best-sellers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Raising Postive Children in a Negative World is filled with practical parenting advice that will help you to raise children of high moral character and self-esteem. Ziglar's advice is time-tested, and it has had a significant, positive on my family for three generations. His grandfatherly, down home delivery of the subject matter will endear him to you and your children. Buy this book or the audio series, and it will change your life!