Humans are accustomed to risks. Be it a theft or burglary, a fatal road accident, natural disaster or death—the possibility of a person encountering a risk, can never be underestimated. To mitigate the intensity of risks, it is always advisable to manage risks, beforehand. This book explains how to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and impact of unfortunate events, through risk management. The chapters are skillfully designed to give a comprehensive approach to the need of insurance; the right plan for different needs; and the right place to buy the insurance. The essential concepts are dealt with thoroughly to build the foundation of the subject.
The book skillfully elucidates the roles and the duties of an Agent, and the traits required to transform into an efficient one. It highlights some of the most important insurance claims, which are only prevalent in the developed countries (US and UK), like tort liability problems, long-term care insurance, personal umbrella insurance and Uninsured Motorist Coverage and personal umbrella policy. The book emphasizes on exposures to mortality, health, disability, auto, overseas and travel insurances. While discussing the topics, like retirement options, it ornately describes various pensions and annuity schemes available as well.
The book is primarily intended for the postgraduate students of Management. However, it will also be beneficial for Risk Managers, and Insurance Agents.
• The chapters are interspersed with Figures, Tables, Exhibits and Takeaway Tips to provide interesting facts related to the topic discussed in the chapter.
• The topics are explained through case studies, and graphical represent-ations, to add a practical approach to the subject.
• MCQs help in strengthening life insurance concepts.
• A separate Chapter is devoted to the Insurance Laws.
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||21 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Risk Management
2. Insurance and Risk
3. Risk Management Process
4. Legal Principles in Insurance
5. The Insurance Contract
6. Legal Liability
7. Personal Property and Liability Insurance
8. Life Insurance Need Analysis
9. Life Insurance Policy Analysis
10. Life Insurance Policy Selection
12. Medical Insurance
13. Insurance of Business Risk
14. Implementing and Reviewing Client's Insurance
15. Insurance Pricing
16. Insurance Companies
17. Government Regulations of Insurance
18. Insurance Agency, Laws and Regulations
Multiple Choice Questions