How Do the Most Successful Medical Practices Keep Up with Changing Times?
Healthcare practices. Uncertain times. Practices are under pressure to accomplish more with fewer resources, while facing new regulatory demands and other changes that compete with the responsibilities of running a practice.
How do the most successful medical practices excel in this constantly changing practice environment?
The wait is over. The much-anticipated 3rd edition of SECRETS OF THE BEST-RUN PRACTICES shares practical solutions for medical practices seeking to simplify business processes, maximize efficiency, and improve profitability —all while putting patients first.
Fully updated, SECRETS OF THE BEST-RUN PRACTICES delivers timely solutions for the critical challenges that medical practices face every day—from front desk service, to workflow efficiency, to effective billing and collections, to preparing for future challenges.
As in previous editions, author Judy Capko uses case studies from practices large and small to illustrate real-world practice management problems and their solutions.
"Physicians and practice managers appreciate hearing stories of practices like their own and finding straightforward solutions to profitability problems, says Judy Capko. The 3rd edition of SECRETS OF THE BEST-RUN PRACTICES empowers administrators and physicians to leverage the know-how of the best run practices."
- A practice where mastering the appointment schedule resulted in reducing no-shows by 70% and decreased payroll overtime cost by $60,000 per year
- A practice that doubled time-of-service collections within 30 days once staff members were retrained?
- A simple formula for determining the hassle factor in dealing with 3rd party payers.
- How an amazingly productive physician generated $600,000 more in revenue than the national benchmark for his specialty.
- How a practice used a team approach to get exceptional results from their billing service.
By reading Secrets of the Best-Run Practices you will learn how to:
- Improve time-of-service collections to increase practice profitability
- Proven techniques for appointment scheduling, increasing patient satisfaction
- Discover outsourcing possibilities that improve practice performance
- Learn the key components of a practice "Turnaround" plan that achieved a stable a profitable footing
- Keep-credit card numbers on file – and use virtual cc payments. And How to do it properly
- Tips on an easy way to conduct random chart audits
- Discharge a non-compliant or difficult patient and protect the practice from liability
- Leverage your patient portal to smooth out workflow
- Improve your efforts to secure data with no-nonsense info on the new world of patient data security and HIPAA
- BONUS! The NEW 3rd edition includes 46 downloadable “toolbox” forms (in Word and in PDF) designed to help you manage your busy practice. These forms can be customized for any practice, and include an assortment of forms specifically for Human Resource Management.
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||4 MB|
About the Author
Table of Contents
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CHAPTER 1 Managing Revenue to Maximize Practice Profit
CHAPTER 2 Mastering the Appointment Schedule
CHAPTER 3 The Perfect Receptionist in a High-Deductible World
CHAPTER 4 Conquering Workflow Problems
CHAPTER 5 Commonsense Management of Today’s Risk
CHAPTER 6 Surviving (and Avoiding) a Money Crunch
CHAPTER 7 The Amazingly Productive Doctor
CHAPTER 8 Committed Staff and Adoring Patients
CHAPTER 9 Making Smart Use of Outsourcing: RCM And Beyond
CHAPTER 10 Going Outside-the-Box: Considering New Models