In this practical and comprehensive field guide, author Panos Alexopoulos takes you on an eye-opening journey through semantic data modeling as applied in the real world. You’ll learn how to master this craft to increase the usability and value of your data and applications. You’ll also explore the pitfalls to avoid and dilemmas to overcome for building high-quality and valuable semantic representations of data.
- Understand the fundamental concepts, phenomena, and processes related to semantic data modeling
- Examine the quirks and challenges of semantic data modeling and learn how to effectively leverage the available frameworks and tools
- Avoid mistakes and bad practices that can undermine your efforts to create good data models
- Learn about model development dilemmas, including representation, expressiveness and content, development, and governance
- Organize and execute semantic data initiatives in your organization, tackling technical, strategic, and organizational challenges
|Publisher:||O'Reilly Media, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 9.19(h) x (d)|
About the Author
Panos has published several papers at international conferences, journals and books, and he is a regular speaker and trainer in both academic and industry venues, striving to bridge the gap between academia and industry so that they can benefit from each other.