- Pub. Date:
AN AMAZON BESTSELLING BOOK!!
Sophie Washington is trying out for the tennis team, and she's excited to get a chance to play with her good friends Chloe and Mariama. That is until wacky Coach Quackenbush matches her with school misfit, Mackenzie "Big Mac" Clark, and things quickly go downhill.
Sophie has nothing in common with her partner, who does odd things like run off the court in the middle of practice, and she's disappointed when Mackenzie shows no interest in the secret handshake she made up. After getting called out by the coach, being hit on the head with a tennis ball, and jokingly called the "most valuable player," by mean older girls on the team, when she's clearly not, Sophie's ready to throw in the towel.
Trying to fit in with the mean girls by making fun of Mackenzie behind her back makes things worse. Mackenzie starts skipping practice, and then gets sick at school, and Sophie realizes that there's more to her doubles partner than meets the eye. What started out as a total mismatch could be the best partnership of all.
Here's what Goodreads Reviewers say about Sophie Washington: Mismatch:
- "Another great Sophie Washington story! I read these with my almost 10-year old son and he really loves them. This one is so pertinent to today, and such an important lesson for kids."
- "My nine-year-old daughter and I read this together. She read out loud to me and we had a wonderful time with the story. It sparked many positive conversations between us."
- "My daughter and I each read this sweet book and fell in love with Sophie Washington."
- "I'm glad there are so many Sophie books out already. She's a real, flawed, genuine character who learns from her mistakes and interacts with her brother and family in a believable way."
This is the ninth book in the Readers' Favorite five star rated Sophie Washington book series that includes:
- Sophie Washington: Queen of the Bee (Book 1)
- Sophie Washington: The Snitch (Book 2)
- Sophie Washington: Things You Didn't Know About Sophie (Book 3)
- Sophie Washington: The Gamer (Book 4)
- Sophie Washington: Hurricane (Book 5)
- Sophie Washington: Mission Costa Rica (Book 6)
- Sophie Washington: Secret Santa (Book 7)
- Sophie Washington: Code One (Book 8)
- Sophie Washington: Mismatch (Book 9)
- Sophie Washington: My BFF (Book 10)
- Sophie Washington: Class Retreat (Book 11)
Kids Ages 8-12
Related collections and offers
About the Author
Tonya Duncan Ellis has had her nose in a book since she learned to read, so it's no surprise that she'd one day become a writer. She is author of the Amazon bestselling Sophie Washington children's book series, a former journalist, and a member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI). Fluent in French, Tonya loves learning about other cultures and has traveled to 49 states and 20 countries. She lives in Houston, Texas with her husband and three children.