In Straight Talk on Armed Defense: What the Experts Want You to Know, Massad Ayoob and the nation's leading experts on personal protection, self-defense and concealed carry deliver authoritative guidance from their areas of expertise and personal experience. In chapters by distinguished authors hand-picked by Massad Ayoob:
- John Hearne takes us "inside the defender's head" and reveals the most effective route to train and prepare for self-defense incidents.
- Dr. Anthony Semone discusses post-shooting trauma and necessary steps to develop resilience and symptom reduction following a deadly force event.
- Dr. Alexis Artwohl explains why understanding how the mind operates is critical to surviving an attack and the legal and emotional challenges that follow.
- Dr. William Aprill describes "the face of the enemy" to help us understand violence and those who traffic in it.
- Craig "Southnarc" Douglas details the conditions present during the typical criminal assault and how to incorporate those conditions into your training.
- Massad Ayoob discusses power, responsibility and the armed lifestyle.
- Tom Givens underscores the importance of finding relevant training, through case studies of his own students involved in armed encounters.
- "Spencer Blue," active robbery/homicide detective, reveals patterns that emerged during his investigations and describes the differences in tactics of citizens who won versus those who lost.
- Ron Borsch presents dozens of actual cases of armed and unarmed citizens single-handedly stopping mass murders in progress.
- Harvey Hedden provides insight and advice to guide lawfully armed citizens in interactions with law enforcement.
- Jim Fleming, Esq. describes the criminal trial process and how it plays out in a "righteous use of deadly force in self-defense" case.
- Marty Hayes, JD, provides the critical questions that must be asked to choose a reliable post-self-defense incident support provider.
Get the straight talk on armed defense, from this unique compendium of the world's leading subject matter experts in lethal self-defense.
|Publisher:||Gun Digest Media|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Massad Ayoob has published thousands of articles in gun magazines, martial arts publications, and law enforcement journals, and authored more than a dozen books on firearms, self-defense, and related topics. During his distinguished career, Ayoob has won several state and regional handgun shooting championships, appeared as an expert witness for courts in weapons and shooting cases, and currently appears in numerous television shows. He founded the Lethal Force Institute in 1981 and served as its director until 2009, and now trains through Massad Ayoob Group. Massad Ayoob's recent titles with Gun Digest include Deadly Force: Understanding Your Right to Self Defense, Gun Digest Book of Concealed Carry 2nd Edition, and Combat Shooting with Massad Ayoob.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Inside The Defender's Head John Hearne 20
Chapter 2 Psychological Aftermath Of A Citizen's Use Of Lethal Force Anthony Semone, Ph.D 38
Chapter 3 Memory And Decision Making Under Stress Alexis Artwohl, Ph.D 52
Chapter 4 Violent Actors/Violent Acts: A Conceptual And Practical Overview William Aprill, Ph.D 70
Chapter 5 The Criminal Assault Paradigm Craig S. Douglas 92
Chapter 6 The Armed Lifestyle Massad Ayoob 106
Chapter 7 Finding Relevant Training Tom Givens 124
Chapter 8 Armed Citizens Fight Back: Lessons Learned "Spencer Blue" 142
Chapter 9 Lone Citizen Heroes Ron Borsch 158
Chapter 10 Contacts With The Police Harvey Hedden 174
Chapter 11 The Criminal Trial Jim Fleming 192
Chapter 12 Understanding Post-Incident Legal Assistance Plans Marty Hayes, J.D. 210
Moving Forward Massad Ayoob 228
About The Author 244