Do you love the taste of Red Lemonade, change into your swimming togs under a towel on the beach or find yourself admiring 'the grand stretch in the evenings'? Then this book, jammed with hilarious reflections on what it is to be Irish, will have you nodding in agreement with every turn of the page. Contains approximately 100 things that Irish people like, such as;
• Waving hello to complete strangers on country roads.
• Using the 'cupla focal' to stress our Irishness when on holidays.
• Going for a few pints after mass.
• Claiming a relative who fought in the Easter Rising.
• Explaining hurling to foreigners.
• Nicknaming statues, for example 'The Floozie in the Jacuzzi'.
|Publisher:||Irish American Book Company|
|Product dimensions:||4.90(w) x 7.40(h) x 0.40(d)|
About the Author
Colin Murphy is the author of The Most Famous Irish People You've Never Heard Of and co-author of the bestselling Feckin' collection (The O'Brien Press). His début historical novel Boycott (Brandon) was published in 2012 to great acclaim. '
Donal O'Dea is a senior Art Director at one of Ireland's leading advertising agencies.