Many methods for performing supply planning are available in enterprise software solutions. However, not understanding how these methods work and how they are configured and controlled can be a major obstacle to switching to a better method or a more efficient application. In clear and concise language, backed up by real-world examples, this book explains constraint-based planning, reorder point planning, backward and forward consumption, and scheduling and simulation. Through extensive use of graphics and screen images from many of the leading software packages-including Demand Works, JDA, and SAP-this book demonstrates how supply planning is applied in different vendor applications and how they will benefit your company.
By reading this book, you will:
• Understand the major supply planning methods and how supply planning works in top enterprise software vendors' applications.
• Learn how to avoid many common software implementation issues.
• Gain real experience from actual supply planning software implementations.
• Get the most from supply planning systems by understanding how to improve their configuration.
• Know how to leverage the tools available within supply planning applications.
• Easily access helpful information through the book's companion website and links included throughout the book.
Your company can benefit from a thorough understanding of supply planning. Read this book and be on your way to improved supply planning and successful supply planning software implementation.