The Best Little Grammar Collection Ever! combines three of The Grammar Diva's books to create a complete grammar handbook:
1) The Best Little Grammar Book Ever! is used by many schools and colleges. It is an easy-to-use grammar and punctuation guide that includes a writing lesson and a complete index. It also contains lists of commonly misspelled and mispronounced words and a glossary of grammar terminology. Contents include the parts of speech, sentence structure, punctuation, capitalization, dead words to avoid, double negatives, unclear pronouns and antecedents, agreement, comparison, misplaced modifiers, possessives, verb tense, irregular verbs, parallel structure, formatting lists, restrictive and nonrestrictive clauses, linking verbs, capitalizing titles, spelling out numbers, fragments and run ons, using jargon and slang.
2) The Best Little Grammar Workbook Ever! takes the information in the reference book and puts it into workbook format with over 100 exercises and quizzes, and a complete answer key in the back. Measure your growth with a comprehensive pretest and a final test.
3) Does Your Flamingo Flamenco? contains over 250 confusing word pairs, word groups, and idioms that challenge us all, for example, affect/effect, lay/lie, principal/principle, who/which/that, buck naked/butt naked. Information is presented in alphabetical order for ease of use.
The Best Little Grammar Collection Ever! is Intended for ages 10 to 110 and should be on everyone's bookshelf!
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
The Best Little Grammar Collection Ever!
The Best Little Grammar Book Ever! Contents include
- The Parts of Speech
- Sentence Structure (e.g., subjects, objects, phrases, clauses, predicates, fragments)
- Things to Avoid (e.g., dead words, double negatives, unclear antecedents, redundancy)
- Confusing Things (e.g., I/me, who/which/that, further/farther)
- Important Grammar Issues (e.g., agreement, comparison, misplaced modifiers, possessives, active and passive voice, verb tense, irregular verbs, linking verbs, parallel structure, formatting and punctuating lists, restrictive and nonrestrictive clauses)
- Questions You Might Have (e.g., capitalizing titles, using abbreviations and contractions, spelling out numbers, jargon and slang)
- Commonly Misspelled Words List
- Commonly Mispronounced Words List
- Writing Lesson
- Glossary of Grammar Terms
- Final Test Answers
The Best Little Grammar Workbook Ever! Contents are the same as for the grammar book above except the book comprises over 100 exercises, quizzes, and tests along with explanations of concepts. There is a complete answer key at the back of the book.
Does Your Flamingo Flamenco? The Best Little Dictionary of Confusing Words and Malapropisms Contents include over 250 word pairs, word groups, and idioms that are often confused. Here is just a small sample of what is included: accept/except, advise/advice, affect/effect, allusion/illusion/elude, amoral/immoral, bad/badly, because of/due to, complement/compliment, continual/continuous, farther/further, got/have, lend/loan, imply/infer, regretful/regrettable, semimontly/bimonthly, than/then, principal/principle, versus/verses, sometimes/some time/sometime, your/you're, butt naked/buck naked, by in large, case in point, baited breath, on accident/by accident. All contents are cross-referenced for ease of use, and contents are presented in alphabetical order.