|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Martin Hewitt is Professor of History and Dean of the School of Music, Humanities and Media at the University of Huddersfield, UK.
Table of Contents
1. Setting the Scene
2. The Foundations of the mid-Victorian Campaigns
3. The Association for the Promotion of the Repeal of the Taxes on Knowledge as a Pressure Group
4. First Phase: repealing the advertising and stamp duties
5. The Paper Duties, 1858-61
6. The Cheap Press Regulations and Securities: A Free Press?
7. The Morning Star
8. The Cheap Press