With nearly 6 million adult vegetarians in the United States, a push toward a leaner, greener, healthier lifestyle is happening everywhere. Whether their reasons are moral, economic, or health-related, people all over the country--and the world--are making the switch to vegetarianism. In this book, you discover:
- Easy ways to get essential nutrition like protein and iron
- Where to buy fresh, high-quality produce without breaking the bank
- Cooking tips and techniques for a vegetarian kitchen, such as how to prepare tofu
- Delicious vegetarian recipes for every meal of the day, including choices kids will love
- The real difference between vegetarian and vegan
About the Author
Alexandra Greeley was food editor for Vegetarian Times magazine from 2002 to 2005, during which time she learned a different way of cooking, eating, and thinking about food. She has worked as a food journalist and restaurant critic in the Washington, D.C. area, and her work has been published by Gastronomica, Gayot.com, Fine Cooking, Chili Pepper, AOL’s DigitalCity Washington; the Washington Post, Washingtonian magazine; DC Examiner, Newsday, and the InTowner. Her cookbook credits include coauthoring the cookbook Kitchen Memories; coauthoring a 650-recipe revision of Vegetarian Times’ cookbook; and writing Asian Soups, Stews & Curries and Asian Grills.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
The Everything Guide to Being Vegetarian: The advice, nutrition information, and recipes you need to enjoy a healthy lifestyle based on 0 ratings. 1 reviews.