"All Physicians can increase their revenue and improve their compensation through accurate coding. This book tells you how."
The Field Guide to Physician Coding, 4th Edition delivers a payload of precise information on coding rules and relevant billing guidelines. Betsy Nicoletti selects topics that answer the questions she is asked most frequently in her speaking and consulting work. Her explanations are clear and detailed and tell the practice what it needs to know to code for services. Nicoletti also steers you to critical source documents for today's coding rules so you don't have to spend hours hunting for key facts in long official documents.
This book is organized, in a way that makes looking up topics easy. The book simplifies complex coding rules and provides source citations for the reader.
NEW AND UPDATED FOR THIS EDITION!
- Anticoagulation management coding
- Care management for behavioral conditions
- Non-face-to-face prolonged services CPT codes
- Prolonged services for wellness visits, new HCPCS codes
- Psychiatric collaborative care coding
- Cognitive assessment and care plan services
- Chronic care management
- Critical care
- Global surgical package
Coding drives revenue in medical practices and physician compensation, and as you know, coding is also a risky endeavor because of the necessity to do it right.
There is Complexity: coding is complex, and practices find it hard to be certain if they are doing it correctly. There is Change: the codes and rules change every year and a practice needs to stay up to date. And there is Concept: this is a book that explains the concepts that drive coding.
Designed with the most common coding issues that plague medical practices in mind, Betsy Nicoletti's “No-nonsense” advice supported by weblinks that answers the most pressing questions from physicians, practice managers, billers and coders.
- The "rules" that help doctors get paid, not just the codes
- Organized alphabetically, by topic, for ease of use
- Relevant to all specialties
- Detailed explanations
Each entry includes:
- The definition of the service
- Explanation of billing rules
- Key points
- Clinical examples, when relevant
- CPT or CMS references
- With The Field Guide to Physician Coding, 4th Edition, there is a confidence that the claims sent to the insurance company are accurate and compliant. Sleep well knowing that your practice is compliant with government rules and you're collecting all the money you are entitled to collect!
“This book should be on the desk of every clinician, biller and coder in the country!”
|Product dimensions:||8.00(w) x 10.00(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author