The business and self-help shelves may be overflowing with success books, but author Libby Gill has found a totally fresh perspective on the topic of leadership: hope.
"Libby Gill offers us a roadmap to be positive and hopeful for the future. This is a must-read for those of us ready to embrace true hope!" Marshall Goldsmith, author of the #1 New York Times bestseller Triggers
Zeroing in on what she sees as the defining issue of creating a more purposeful and productive workplace, Gill explains the science of hope theory, which is "the interconnection between beliefs and behaviors," and explores how it can shift mindsets from siloed to collaborative and productivity levels from sluggish to robust.
The Hope-Driven Leader is not about feel-good theory or loaded with dry data. It's an accessible, multi-step action guide informed by the thousands of people Gill has coached in both the corporate and entrepreneurial worlds around the globe. It includes skill-building lessons based on research and illustrated by personal stories and case studies such as:
• Enhancing leadership skills
• Crafting a personal brand
• Becoming an influencer
• Managing global teams
• Navigating high-impact conversations
• Handling challenges specific to women leaders
• And much more
Whether you are a rising star or a seasoned leader in your own business, a corporation, or your community, The Hope-Driven Leader offers you a roadmap for instilling those positive beliefs and behaviors into the core of your being and the culture of your workplace. Let the journey begin!
“This is your action guide to smarter leadership, more effective teams, and bigger, better, faster results. Smart, generous, and impactful. Buy a copy for everyone on your team.” David Newman, CSP, author of Do It! Marketing
|Product dimensions:||5.40(w) x 8.40(h) x 0.60(d)|
About the Author
Libby Gill is the founder and CEO of executive coaching and consulting firm Libby Gill & Company. The former head of communications and public relations for Sony, Universal, and Turner Broadcasting, she is an international speaker, bestselling author, and former Dallas Morning News columnist. Libby has shared her success strategies on CNN, NPR, the Today Show, and in BusinessWeek, Time, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and many more. Libby coaches, consults, and presents to established and emerging leaders at organizations including ADP, AMC Networks, Cisco, Department of Defense, Disney, eBay, EY, Genentech, Honda, Intel, Microsoft, Oracle, Sony, Viacom, Wells Fargo and many more.
Table of Contents
1. Harnessing Hope: Jet Fuel for the Journey of Work and Life
2. What’s Hope Got to do With It: The Science and Significance of Hope Theory
3. Creating the Hope-Driven Culture: Leading through Change, Challenge, and Chaos
4. Leading High-Passion, High-Performance Teams: The Secret Ingredient You Need for Success
5. Your Leadership Superpower: Bringing Out the Best in Yourself and Others
6. Communicating Hope: The Power of High-Impact Conversations
7. Beyond Bias: Hope and Tools for Women in the Workplace
8. The Gen Blend: Generational Perspectives from GenZ to the Traditionalists
9. Radical Hopefulness: Coping with the Extreme Challenges of Health, Homelessness, and Mental Illness
10. Your True Hope Roadmap: Mastering the Habit Formation Formula
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
As the title implies, the focus of The Hope-Drive Leader is on the power of hope. However, the book doesn’t keep leadership at its center, it drifts off into general life skills and skims multiple psychological theories and papers to highlight trends. Each chapter gives a key takeaway, belief and behavior. If you haven’t explored the power of hope at all, this book may be a good place to start. It covers the principles generally and encourages application. I didn’t find it particularly insightful as I have a degree in psychology and have spent years digging into leadership, I found the content light. Bearing that in mind, I have to give it a three out of five on the en-JOY-ment scale.