Whether the reader owns one Rottweiler companion or is a serious breeder with a large kennel, this is an invaluable source of expert reference on the origins of the breed, the Standard, finding a dog, care and training for puppies and adults, activities to be enjoyed and a host of other important subjects. Fully illustrated in glowing color throughout.
About the Author
LINDA P. MICHELS has been active in the sport of dogs since 1976 and with Rottweilers since 1978. She has bred Rottweilers using the kennel name Lindenwood. She has trained and shown Rottweilers in conformation, obedience, tracking, Schutzhund and flyball, and was a Chief Tester for the American Temperament Society. Her husband, Bill, is president of the American Rottweiler Club (ARC), the breed's parent club. CATHERINE M. THOMPSON has been active with Rottweilers since the late 1960s. She has bred Rottweilers using the kennel name Von Gailingen. She is an approved American Kennel Club judge of the breed as well as all obedience classes. She has judged Rottweiler specialties all over the U.S. and Canada, as well as countries like New Zealand, Australia, Jamaica, Trinidad and the Philippines. She was the first breeder/owner of an AKC Champion-Utility Dog Tracker titled Rottweiler.
Table of ContentsIntroduction.
1. Profile of the Rottweiler.
2. History of the Rottweiler.
3. Official Standard of the Rottweiler.
4. Finding the Right DogPuppy, Adult or Rescue.
5. Living with a Rottweiler.
6. Keeping Your Rottweiler Happy and Healthy.
7. Caring for Your Rottweiler.
8. Grooming Your Rottweiler.
9. Showing Your Rottweiler.
10. Obedience Trials, Performance Events and Other Activities for Your Rottweiler.
12. What You Should Know About Breeding.
13. Special Care for the Older Rottweiler.
14. The American Rottweiler Club.
Appendix A: Organizations and Other Resources.
Appendix B: The American Rottweiler Club Mandatory Practices.
Appendix C: The Meaning of All Those Titles.
Appendix D: The Hall of Fame: American Rottweiler Club Production Awards.
Appendix E: Specialty Winners.
Appendix F: The Thompson wHELPing Box.