Paul Robinson is a thyroid patient with over thirty years of personal knowledge of hypothyroidism, and over ten years experience of supporting thousands of thyroid patients. He has already written two ground-breaking books on hypothyroidism: 'Recovering with T3' and 'The CT3M Handbook', which focus on recovering from hypothyroidism and adrenal problems using the T3 thyroid hormone (Liothyronine) in the safest and most effective way.
The Thyroid Patient's Manual is a practical, easy-to-read book, which provides an excellent resource for people who are trying to understand and treat hypothyroidism. It is aimed at patients who suspect they have low thyroid hormone levels, those who have just been diagnosed and are beginning treatment, and those who are on treatment already, but are still feeling ill.
This book deals with all the main thyroid hormone treatment options, including T4 (Levothyroxine), NDT (natural desiccated thyroid), T3 (Liothyronine) and all combinations.
An easy-to-grasp series of steps is presented that includes information on thyroid and adrenal hormones, diagnosis of hypothyroidism and selecting the right treatment. It explains why those with Hashimoto's thyroiditis or have thyroidectomies often find conventional treatment leaves them with remaining symptoms. All the common problems that can get in the way are discussed, along with their solutions. It is consistent with recent research studies on thyroid diagnosis and treatment.
It is a manual, so it is very specific about ideal levels for test results and levels that are a concern.
The Thyroid Patient's Manual gives you the tools needed to gain some control of your health, and to be able to work productively with your doctor, so that you can recover your health as fast as possible.
Note: This book does not replace either of the previous two books about hypothyroidism, which are vital to read for those trying to use the T3 thyroid hormone safely and successfully.
With the release of The Thyroid Patient's Manual, Paul's hypothyroidism books have now become a complete series (the Recovering from Hypothyroidism series).
About the Author
Table of Contents
2. Our Energy System
3. The Hypothalamus & Pituitary
4. The Thyroid & Thyroid Hormones
5. The Adrenals & Adrenal Hormones
6. The Mitochondria
7. Important Relationships within Our Energy System
8. Do You Have Hypothyroidism?
9. Use Multiple Resources - Quickly!
10. Common Issues that May Interfere with Treatment
11. Test cortisol as Soon as Possible & Compare During Treatment
12. Get on a Good Basic Nutritional Supplement Regime
13. Symptoms and Signs to Track During Treatment
14. Thyroid Lab Test Results During Treatment
15. How to Use the Four Treatment Chapters
16. T4 Treatment
17. NDT Treatment
18. T3 Treatment
19. T4/T3 Treatment
Further Work if Needed:
20. Dietary Considerations
21. Could Sex Hormones be a Problem?
22. Less Common Issues to Investigate, Test & Deal With
23. Gain Some Control, Do it Early & Do Not Accept Roadblocks
24. Work, Friends, Family & Children
25. Finally - Take Time to Recover & be Kind to Yourself