- Get it by Monday, September 24 , Order now and choose Expedited Shipping during checkout.
Drawing on interviews with 40 winners of the MacArthur Foundation Fellowshipthe so-called "genius awards"the insightful study throws fresh light on the creative process.
|Publisher:||Penguin Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||5.09(w) x 7.67(h) x 0.56(d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
About the Author
Denise Shekerjian is a writer, author, and attorney. Shekerjian has published two nonfiction books and nearly a dozen literary essays. She also assists clients with memoirs, blogs, resumes, essays, grants, and other nonfiction material. Her writing specialties are the creative process, law, and politics. She has received two Pushcart Prize nominations, a New Jersey Council on the Arts award and was a Marshall Fellow in Civil Liberties. She holds an honorary doctorate in letters from the University of Vermont.
Table of Contents
In the Beginning
1. Talent and the Long Haul
2. Taking on Risk
3. Staying Loose
4. Setting Up the Conditions
5. Learning Through Doing
6. Investing Your Work with a Vision
7. A Change of Perspective
8. A Shift in the Scenery
9. Sustaining Concentration and Drive
10. Encouraging Luck
11. The Harmony of Instinct and Judgment
12. Despair and Isolation, Madness and Meanness
13. Building Resiliency
14. For the Love of It
The Forty Fellows