When Bette Frick wanted to transition her live training classes to a webinar platform, she searched for advice on managing the technology and maximizing learner interaction. She found plenty of books about presenting marketing webinars but only a few books for trainers. She longed for simple tips to help engage participants in her technical and business writing webinars.
So, she had to learn by doing; she experimented with high- and low-tech strategies for keeping learners involved and enjoying her classes. Webinar School presents her practical tips for offering flawless webinars, keeping participants engaged, and having as much fun as the learners do.
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.22(d)|
About the Author
Dr. Frick is also board-certified as a medical editor by the Board of Editors in the Life Sciences (BELS) and serves as the Immediate Past President of the American Medical Writers Association Rocky Mountain Chapter.
She is the author of Business Matters: A freelancer's guide to success in any economy, also published by XML Press
Table of ContentsPreface
1. Webinar training compared to live classroom training
2. Planning your webinar
3. Preparing content for your training webinar
4. Producing and presenting your live training webinar
5. After your webinar
6. Low-tech tips for interactivity
7. High-tech tips for interactivity
8. Technology tips: hardware, presentation software, audio, Internet
9. Expect three surprises!
10. How not to kill your webinar with your slides
11. Tips for teams that produce webinars
12. How to get going - one step at a time
Appendix A: Checklist for webinar trainers
Appendix B: Checklist for webinar teams